It seems a lifetime ago that I started this cardigan, when in reality it was only mid-february. So much has happened since then that it feels like I’ve been knitting this project forever. Mostly because I ran out of yarn while finishing the edging in Canada then had to wait till I returned for more yarn. Frustrating!
I’d initially wanted to do this in non-superwash but as my supplier ran out, I decided to cast on in the superwash version of the blend and see how it went.
In all honesty I was pretty surprised. Even in superwash the yarn has a fair amount of body which holds the ridges of slip stitch so sharply above the purl that it is in high relief…truly lovely.
I ended up finding some Dala horse ribbon for the band while I was away (or as a friend likes to call it ‘donkey ribbon’…just because she likes the word DONKEY). ;-B
Now I just need to get some good shots of the FO done for a reveal!